Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Gleaners, Jean François Millet, 1857

As Lisbet has mentioned in the past I sometimes acquire newish magazines at my job. We've been doing some gleaning of our own digging through them this weekend.

My favorite finds:
(I'll add some links later for the lazy)

From the Winter 2005 Explore:
"Back to the 100-mile Garden" by J.B. MacKinnon (author of "Dead Man in Paradise")

Jan. 2006, Popular Mechanics:
"Sun City", Solar Decathalon in Washington, D.C.

Dec. 2005 Outside:
"Cheryl Rogoski: Organic Genius"
Founder of Black Dirt Gourmet

From a magazine I can't find right now:
"Me Write Book - It Bigfoot Memoir"
By Graham Romieu


4 comments:

Dagga said...

I read the "me write book - it bigfoot memoir" at work the other day, it was icky, but I could not help liking it, abit for some strange reason.

Dagga said...

I like the 100 mile diet article, I think I should try but I´m just to lazy to track down where all the food is from.

Rus said...

icky? please explain

Dagga said...

can´t explain properly left me uneasy for some reason, i´ll have to read it again to put a finger on it