- Articles don’t have to be extremely long- most are a few hundred words. Shorter is better—it’s all about putting in the maximum amount of information in the least amount of words. Average blog posts are between 500-750 words.
- Don’t be too sales-focused or talk all about the company and services.
- Make sure the info is interesting and relevant. Readers don’t like boring information. Sometimes adding a personal touch can help so put some of your own POV in.
- Use links. Support your post with links to sites that are contextual to your post.
- Use lists. (Top 10 lists, 10 things you don’t know about the industry etc.)
- Make sure to remember WHO you are writing for and to write like you are speaking to them.
- Make up a catchy headline and use KEY WORDS. (Key words are words that appear often and are the main focus of your blog. These help make Search Engine Optimization easier.)
- Spell check and edit!!
Friday, January 21, 2011
Here are some important things to remember when writing a blog: