Thursday, December 27, 2007

USA


we're in the states for a couple of weeks now, so check out the travel blog:
www.travel-so-far.blogspot.com

and I tried to read a couple of books so far while here... A John Grisham; I couldn't get past the first chapter. I've always been curious about his books. They're so popular, but they just don't do it for me. So I picked up an entirely different sort of book, Under The Tuscan Sun, and this time I got past at least three or four chapters before getting bored of it. I have always wanted to read it though, so maybe I will try again later. I think it's hard to read while in travel mode. My brain is a little mushier. I could barely remember the name of that book and I don't even remember the name of the Grisham one.

The one book that I am looking forward to getting back to when I get home is Eat, Pray, Love. I'm on the eating part. I started it a few days before leaving but it was the library's copy and it was on hold for someone else so I couldn't take it with me. Maybe I wouldn't have been in the mood for reading it here anyway...

4 comments:

library lady said...

Did you finish Eat, Pray, Love? I've been toying with the idea of reading it. Not sure I want to spend the time though. Would you reccommend it?

elisabeth said...

you know, i never did finish it. which reminds me that i should do another post...

Anonymous said...

I've never been a Grisham girl but I did enjoy A Painted House--off the beaten track of his usual stuff.
April

Mandy said...

I finished Eat, Pray, Love and it was good for the eat and part of the pray part but the love part was really hard to get through. I'm not sure I would reccomend the book as one of my favorites. And I have to say that I was really disappointed with the ending. Anyways, I just thought I'd let you know what I thought of it. I'd like to read that other one you mentioned you read.