Wednesday, October 26, 2005

les femmes

(re: The Time Travelers' Wife)
The author obviously is a fan of the Violent Femmes. The characters went to a concert and it reminded me so much of the one i went to in 2000. mmm...so good. They're dancing to "Gone Daddy Gone" and she says "The music is goading, mocking (I ain't had much to live for I ain't had much to live for I ain't had much to live for I ain't had much to live for). We throw ourselves at it. My body is elastic, my legs are numb, and a sensation of white heat travels from my crotch to the top of my head. My hair is damp ropes that cling to my arms and neck and face and back. The music crashes into a wall and stops." It's not necessarily amazingly written but it brought me back to the times that i have thrown my whole being into a Violent Femmes song.

No comments: